Question about Nova docs Getting Started

http://nova.openstack.org/getting.started.html

It says

Configuration¶
ON CLOUD CONTROLLER

Add yourself to the libvirtd group, log out, and log back in
fix hardcoded ec2 metadata/userdata uri ($IP is the IP of the cloud),
and masqurade all traffic from launched instances

But unfortunately there is no libvirtd group on my "cloud controller"  a
freshly installed ubuntu machine where the steps outlined above for the
cloud controller have been performed.

Are you sure this is right?  It seems to me like one needs to add
oneself to the COMPUTE NODE's libvirtd group, as the CLOUD CONTROLLER
does not actually need to have kvm or will run nova-compute.

Can you clear this up for me?

( Rudd-O @ cloud.com )

Follow ups