Re: Question about Nova docs Getting Started

You're correct, you need to be in the libvirtd group on any machine where
the controllers are connecting to libvirtd. (I think we had an early
prototype where the cloud controller was going to talk to libvirt on the
nodes directly, for network management or something. That's obviously a doc
bug now.)

We also usually run nova-compute on the cloud controller as well, since the
API doesn't generate much load.