Re: Got nova running in a single node as per the docs

Hey Manuel,

I sent this message last night which details the flags you need to specify on the other machines.  It looks like it didn't make it through, so here it is again:

Sorry Manuel,  those docs are a bit dated.  NGINX isn't required anymore with the new objectstore. I use the following script to install and run the current version of nova:

http://github.com/vishvananda/novascript

It runs nova-volume in fake mode, but it shouldn't be too hard to hack/edit to make volumes work.  Multiple nodes  is pretty straightforward if your router supports host-specified vlans.  You will have to set up your router to allow one or more host managed vlans.  The easiest set up is to run everything but compute and volume on one host, then run either dedicated compute and volume hosts, or hosts that run both compute and volume.  You will need to specify the following flags for nova-compute and nova-volume
--vlan_start=<vlans start number>
--redis_host=<main host ip> (or --ldap_url if you are using real ldap)
--rabbit_host=<main host ip>
--s3_host=<main host ip>
--ec2_url=http://<main host ip>:8773/services/Cloud
--ldap_url=ldap://<main host ip>

You'll also need to install a real sql database as sqlite only works on one box.  An easy setup is to install mysql, edit my.conf to listen on the public ip.  Create a database, user and password and pass the following flag into all
of the workers:
--sql_connection=mysql://<user>:<pass>@<host_ip>/<db>

remember, you can stick your flags in a flagfile and pass --flagfile=/path/to/flagfile on the command line.

Good luck,
Vish