novacut-community team mailing list archive

Re: Are the dmedia tests supposed to be failing?

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Paul Hummer <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Novacutters!
>
>  I branched dmedia this weekend and started foolin' around, and noticed
> that when I run `make-test` I get back a few test failures.  The actual
> output is below the human part of this email.  I haven't looked at it
> too closely, but I figure one of three things is happening:
>
>  (1) My system is missing some vital configuration.
>  (2) The tests are failing for everyone.
>  (3) The tests are only failing for a small subset of people, and thus
> are broken and need to be fixed.

Paul,

No, the tests should not be failing. You are most likely missing the
`libimage-exiftool-perl` package. Check the dependencies in debian/control.

Did that fix it? If not, their could be some real problem that I don't
encounter on my system for some reason.

Cheers,
Jason