novacut-community team mailing list archive

Re: Summary of UDS dmedia conversations, next steps

Thanks for writing this up!

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Jason DeRose <jderose@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    * Summary - lets get dmedia into Natty!  What does the Novacut
> team need to get done in the next 2 weeks to meet the Nov 25
> Feature-Definition-Freeze criteria?

I don't think you need to do anything special for FDF just to get the
dmedia package into Universe. If you plan to make any modifications to
other applications you would want to have blueprints defined outlining
the changes you intend to make. I'd recommend focusing first on
getting dmedia into Universe and then encouraging others to integrate
with it.

In order to get the dmedia package(s) into Universe you need to get
two Ubuntu developers to review your packaging and the second one can
upload to universe for you. From that point  forward, any Ubuntu
developer can sponsor uploads of new versions of dmedia or patches for
bugfixes, following the rules/timelines for freezes (for example,
after Feature Freeze on Feb 24th typically only bugfixes or bugfix
microreleases are allowed rather than entirely new versions).

I recommend uploading your package to the REVU system, and I will be
happy to be one of the reviewers and help with sponsoring uploads.
Once you have successfully gotten several changes sponsored, you can
then apply to become an Ubuntu Developer yourself with
per-package-uploader rights to upload dmedia and related packages.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/ApplicationProcess

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/