novacut-community team mailing list archive

Announcing dmedia 0.1

What's new in 0.1 - everything!
===============================

I'm happy to announce the first stable dmedia release.  At this point dmedia is
really just for developers and *highly* adventurous end-users, but the design
and implementation are both progressing quickly.

However, one big fat point of caution: neither the content-hash nor the schema
is yet final!  I'm reserving the right to make incompatible changes without
regard for backward compatibility in the 0.2 and 0.3 releases.  So this is for
testing and play, not yet for seriously organizing your life's cinematic work.

You can download the source tarball here:

  http://launchpad.net/dmedia/trunk/0.1/+download/dmedia-0.1.0.tar.gz

Packages are available for Lucid, Maverick, and Natty in the Novacut Stable
Releases PPA:

  https://launchpad.net/~novacut/+archive/stable

Contributors to the 0.1 release
===============================

Code contributors:

  * Jason Gerard DeRose (~jderose)
  * Chad Miller (~cmiller)
  * Paul Hummer (~rockstar)
  * Akshat Jain (~ssj6akshat1234)
  * Manish Sinha (~manishsinha)
  * David Green (~david4dev)

Special thanks to:

  * Stuart Langridge (~sil) for helping me wrap my head around desktopcouch
  * Jason Smith (~jhs-couchone) for helping me finally grok CouchDB views
  * Paul Hummer (~rockstar) for teaching me many Launchpad best practices
  * James Raymond (~animafreek) for adventurous beta testing and spearheading
    some great design mockups
  * Akshat Jain (~ssj6akshat1234) for relentlessly recruiting people on IRC

Contribute to 0.2 and beyond!
=============================

We do monthly time-based releases, always releasing on the last Thursday
of the month.  That means we promise to make a release on time each month, but
never promise what exact features will land.

dmedia 0.2 will be released on Thursday December 30 2010, and development is
already underway.  You can see the bugs targeted for 0.2 here:

  https://launchpad.net/dmedia/+milestone/0.2

Funny
=====

An IRC quote from #novacut:

  (01:07:29 PM) ssj6akshat: m4n1sh, jderose was a debian user since ancient
  times

That's all, folks!

Thanks to everyone who is helping make this dream a reality!

Cheers,
Jason