novacut-community team mailing list archive

Announcing dmedia 0.7

I'm happy to announce the 7th release of the Distributed Media
Library<https://launchpad.net/dmedia>(aka "dmedia"). At this point
dmedia is really just for developers and
*highly* adventurous end-users, but the design and implementation are both
progressing quickly.

You can download the source tarball here:
dmedia-0.7.0.tar.gz<https://launchpad.net/dmedia/trunk/0.7/+download/dmedia-0.7.0.tar.gz>

Packages are available for Ubuntu Natty in the Novacut Stable Releases
PPA<https://launchpad.net/%7Enovacut/+archive/stable>
.
What's new in dmedia 0.7

This was a slow month as I was in Budapest for two weeks for the Ubuntu
Developer Summit <http://uds.ubuntu.com/> and a bit of vacation.

The only new feature is I added the
TransferManager<https://bugs.launchpad.net/dmedia/+bug/724526>for
dispatching and managing uploads and downloads. And Bilal
Akhtar <https://twitter.com/#%21/bilal_akhtar96> reworked the Debian
packaging to split dmedia into simpler
components<https://bugs.launchpad.net/dmedia/+bug/748016>,
although that's only in the official packaging, hasn't yet made is way into
the internal packaging that I use for daily builds and monthly releases.

For details, see bugs fixed in the dmedia 0.7
milestone<https://launchpad.net/dmedia/+milestone/0.7>
.
Special thanks

   - Thanks to Ian 'IZO' Cylkowski <https://twitter.com/#%21/Hexual> for
   doing a beautiful brand and identity design for Novacut: please checkout the
   First Draft <http://cdn.novacut.com/novacut_First-Draft.pdf>, and the Final
   Brand Guidelines<http://cdn.novacut.com/novacut-identity-guidelines_v1.0.pdf>
   - Thanks to Harno Ranaivo <https://twitter.com/#%21/HarnoRanaivo> for
   making a fantastic set of icons from our new logo!

Contribute to 0.8 and beyond!

We do monthly time-based releases, always releasing on the last Thursday of
the month. That means we promise to make a release on time each month, but
never promise what exact features will land.

dmedia 0.8 will be released on Thursday June 30 2011, and development is
already underway. To see what's in store for the next release, checkout dmedia
0.8 milestone <https://launchpad.net/dmedia/+milestone/0.8>.
That's all, folks!

Thanks to everyone who is helping make this dream a reality!
Cheers,
Jason Gerard DeRose <http://twitter.com/#%21/jgderose>