novacut-community team mailing list archive

Announcing Novacut 13.05

This is a very exciting release as all the
Dmedia<https://launchpad.net/dmedia>automation behaviors have now been
turned on. Although note that we still
don't consider Dmedia production ready, so please only test Dmedia with
files you have safely backed up elsewhere.

This screencast <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOBs-HKmV8> walks you
through installing Novacut on Ubuntu 13.04, and gives you a tour of all the
new features:

This is also an exciting release because the Version One Hashing
Protocol<https://launchpad.net/novacut/+announcement/11558>has been
finalized and is now used by default. The only downside is that
because V1 uses our Dbase32
encoding<http://docs.novacut.com/dbase32/index.html>,
it's not possible to support Version Zero alongside Version One.

This screencast <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOyEIab0E-U> explains how
to upgrade your V0 Novacut library to V1.

In a nutshell, if you've used Novacut prior to this month's release, after
you install Novacut 13.05 you'll need to open a terminal and run this
command to upgrade your library:

novacut-v0-v1-upgrade

 As it seems very few have existing Dmedia libraries they care about, we
didn't put much effort into this user experience (obviously), but we did
put a lot of effort into making sure the upgrade works correctly. However,
if anyone out there has problems upgrading or needs help, please email
team@xxxxxxxxxxx, and we'll make sure you get your data migrated.
Special Thanks

Thanks to Marco
Buono<https://plus.google.com/u/0/112538352872065893792/posts>for
making this great
Novacut intro sequence <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLrAZwZvmI>.

Thanks to saras fox<https://plus.google.com/u/0/106479011389609622954/posts>,
David Jordan <https://plus.google.com/u/0/101813889111560624054/posts>,
and James
Raymond <https://plus.google.com/u/0/100070870253962033333/posts> for
helping me test the V0 to V1 upgrade this month.

And thanks to the many people who have patiently reviewed the many protocol
iterations leading up to Version One, especially Hagen
Fürstenau<http://pythonhosted.org/pyskein/>,
Robert von Burg <https://plus.google.com/u/0/101930326309013529774/posts>,
and David Jordan <https://plus.google.com/u/0/101813889111560624054/posts>.
Install Novacut 13.05

Packages are available for Ubuntu 13.04 in
ppa:novacut/stable<https://launchpad.net/%7Enovacut/+archive/stable>.

If you want to help develop Novacut, it's best to install from
ppa:novacut/daily <https://launchpad.net/%7Enovacut/+archive/daily>.

Note if you've added both the daily and the stable PPAs, the versions in
the daily PPA will supersede the stable versions. So same effect as if you
only added the daily PPA. For more details on the PPAs, read about our Monthly
Release Process <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Novacut/ReleaseProcess>.
Source code

You can download the source code from each component's Launchpad project
page:

   - dbase32 <https://launchpad.net/dbase32/trunk/0.6>
   - novacut <https://launchpad.net/novacut/trunk/13.05>
   - dmedia <https://launchpad.net/dmedia/trunk/13.05>