nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Review of Windows Installer Commit

Hi Charlie,

[...]
> 1. Although it hasn't been discussed yet, we really want
> to review changes before they get in the trunk. No harm
> done in this case, since the installer is new code
> and can't break anything.
>
> Could you set up your own branch under ~achlapsi/nunit-3.0/
> and push to that from now on? I haven't published instructions
> on this yet, but I know you have done it before. ;-)
>
> Once you do that, you can propose it for merge and we can
> review it beforehand. FWIW, I'll be doing the same. :-)
Sorry. I forgot about this. I've created my own branch and will push my
changes to that.

> 2. The tests should be installed as well, as a feature.
>
> 3. The xml file for the framework should be installed too.
OK. I'll add them.

> 4. There are no docs yet, but we'll want to add them later.
>    Samples as well. So, I think we will want to install
>    from a staging directory as we do for 2.5, rather than
>    directly from the output directory for the build. I'll
>    add a target in the nant script so you can create that
>    install image and use it.
OK. I'll change this as soon as the build script creates the staging
directory.

> 5. The name of the output package will vary according to
>    the version, e.g: nunit.framework-2.9.1.msi. This is
>    actually controlled by the NAnt script, but it would
>    make sense if your solution used the same convention.
Somewhere the version number must be provided, so this would mean that
for every new version of the framework we'd have to change the version
number of the build output of the installer project.

Andreas