nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Please Review Proposed FAQ on Using Bazaar

Hi All,

As promised, I set aside the "casual contributor" process to first
work on a more mainstream process. The new item in the FAQ is

http://nunit.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dev:faq:how_can_i_manage_my_working_copy_o
f_nunit

Please review and comment.

A few background comments:

1. I pushed "How do I submit a merge request?" and related questions
to other FAQ items, which are not yet written. Keeping one FAQ about
one thing seems to be better for reducing duplication. And anyway,
we are still discussing how to do this.

2. I have not recommended the advanced technique that Paul describes
in his blog - where the repository and the working copies are kept
in separate directory branches - because it seems a bit complicated
for people just getting started. However, it's what I'm using and
what I recommend for committers and will publish a separate FAQ
item for this techique.

3. After we have reviewed this one I'll go back to the "Casual
Contributors" item.

Charlie