nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Project Names

Hi All,

When I first set it up, more than a year back, it made sense for
the NUnit 2.5 mirror project on Launchpad to be called nunit-2.5
and for the new project to be called nunit-3.0.

Now it seems to make less sense, as I realized when I was about
to add a 2.5 series and 2.5.3 milestone to the NUnit 2.5 project.
Eventually, we might even have a 2.6 - which makes even less sense.

The same thing will happen eventually with the nunit-3.0 project.
We'll run through some 2.9 milestones, do a 3.0 release and start
working on 3.1.

The project urls can be changed administratively so we may as
well ask to have it done now - while only a few of us are making
use of them. But before I ask to have it done, I'd like to settle
on new names that make sense.

I'm thinking of
  nunit-2.5 => nunitv2
  nunit-3.0 => nunit-core

The first would work because we won't go beyond 2.5.x or 2.6.x
with this release.

The second is shorter than nunit-framework and carries the notion
that this is the core of NUnit - separate from the gui for example.
I don't believe it's a problem that we have an nunit-core team,
since the team url uses ~nunit-core.

Note that this is only about the url - the short text name of
the projects are easy to change through the web interface.
Current and planned values are
  nunit-2.5: NUnit Test Framework 2.5 => NUnit Test Framework V2
  nunit-3.0: NUnit Test Framework (no change)

Suggestions?

Charlie

Follow ups