nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Blueprint format

Hi Olof,

> Sound OK to me, although I find the separation of "design"
> and "implementation" somewhat strange.. To me they are the same thing.

Maybe the words are wrong.

> Here's an attempt..
>
> Summary
> Rationale
> Usage examples

User stories?

> Design suggestions

If this is a specification, then suggestions doesn't seem to make
much sense. Maybe you are thinking that the design may be implemented
by somebody other than the author of the blueprint, and you don't
want to lock them down too much. In that case, I would say only
put in what needs to be specified and leave out everything else.

> Unresolved issues

This could be a transient heading untill things are actually resolved.

I'm still not sure about implementation - maybe we need it for some
specs. For example, we may decide to release a feature in stages
and we would want that as part of an implementation plan. Certainly,
we don't need a section that tells us how to code it.

Charlie