nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Blueprint format

Here's are some specs I really liked:
 http://bazaar-vcs.org/DraftSpecs/FeatureBranching
 http://bazaar-vcs.org/DraftSpecs/SimpleCheckouts
 http://bazaar-vcs.org/DraftSpecs/SharedTreeAcrossBranches

I like the way they first give the reason for wanting to do it,
then show how it can now be done and finally describes the
way it should be in the future from a user perspective.

They don't say how to implement it in detail but leave it
up the implementor. Since most folks are just getting to
know NUnit internals, I would probably at least indicate
what assemblies (maybe classes) will be affected.

Note that if we have one that requires detail guidance, we
can offer to mentor it in case somebody without too much
experience wants to do it.

Charlie