nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Mentoring on Launchpad

Hi All,

One of Launchpad's key features is "Mentoring" - a structured
way for knowledgeable people to help newcomers in fixing
bugs or implementing blueprints.

I would like to see us use this and hope it will lead to
more people getting involved in writing code here for NUnit.

So, starting with NUnit 2.5, I looked through the bugs and
picked out two which would be "low-hanging fruit" for me.
In the past, I would just fix these sorts of things when
I had a free hour. But that only leaves the harder items
for newcomers, so I'm not fixing them. Instead, I'm offering
to mentor someone who wants to fix them...

You can see what's available by clicking the "Mentoring
available" button on the project page or by following
this link... https://launchpad.net/nunitv2/+mentoring

If you would like to be mentored in fixing one of these,
let me know either here or directly.

I'm inviting other committers to do the same thing...
multiply yourself by mentoring somebody. :-)

To mentor a bug, it should be one that is confirmed and
really needs fixing - otherwise it's a waste of time.
It should also be one that you already know how to fix,
so you can give help to the person who does it.

Charlie