nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Stories and Specifications

Hi All,

After some experimentation, I've settled on a format I like for
specifications. It's relatively lightweight and oriented towards
a story-based approach. I've re-written one spec using this format
and I'd appreciate your feedback...

http://nunit.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dev:specs:merge_nunitlite_with_nunit

As compared to the original format, which we borrowed from Ubuntu,
this has the following changes:

The 'Rationale' section has been combined with the summary and a
back link to any Launchpad blueprints added.

The 'Use Cases' section has changed to 'User Stories' and is now
organized by who the user is for each story. We may want to
develop a complete list of user personas for future stories.
Note that a document can correspond to a single story or - as in
the case of the example page - to multiple stories.

The 'Design' section describes how we are approaching the problem.
It is written at a relatively high level and doesn't go into the
details of programming.

The 'Implementation' section has been removed. I couldn't find
a real use for it.

The 'Outstanding Issues' section lists issues not yet resolved.
After the issues are resolved, the resolution is reflected in
other parts of the document and the issues section is deleted.
That's why there are no issues on the example page.

Will this work for us?

Charlie

PS: All our existing spec pages are indexed here:
http://nunit.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dev:stories_and_specifications

Follow ups