ooc-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Getting started / about iphone development

1) Technically yes, but as there is no way to interact with Obj-C through ooc except via the Obj-C runtime (unless someone changes that, but I doubt it since I think I was the only one working on a branch that supported this, and that was back when the compiler was in Java), you'd probably find yourself fairly limited there.
2) Yes.
3) You could probably debug the C output, but using Xcode for coding in ooc would be uncomfortable without some plugins (and I'm not sure if you can even build plugins for Xcode).  I'm not sure if Xcode would attempt to view the ooc source or the C source, but it would probably try to open the C.

As for the question of maturity, I'm not sure - it's been a bit since I've used ooc (school started, I have an Android app to support, etc. - not a lot of time for other things).

-noel