opencog-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [OpenCog] Re: staging and main

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Trent Waddington
<trent.waddington@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Umm, no, they're not.
>
> It's a closed list.  I'm only on it because I was stupid enough to try
> to commit some code.  I think some of it is still in there.  I haven't
> looked in a while.  I do remember I broke some stuff which pissed
> Linas off no end and he was a real jerk about it, but what I've come
> to understand is that he was right.. he just wasn't all that good at
> putting across his message without pissing people off.. ahhh, a
> kindred spirit.

Yeah, I can verify this and I was uneasy about having it a
closed-group. One needs to be part of the opencog-dev launchpad group
to subscribe... but that shouldn't be an issue for Linas since he is
in that group.

> Renaming the branch to "testing" isn't going to help.  Linas's
> grievance is that no-one is working with him.  He's off trying to make
> OpenCog do something neat and AGI-like and the rest of you are dumping
> code into the tree and saying "meh, it'll do something cool - later".

Seesh, way to make our efforts diminutive Trent...