opencompute-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:opencompute/checkbox into lp:opencompute

Review: Needs Fixing

Hi Kyle!

Thanks for the submission :) It's great to see someone making some needed changes and improvements to Open Compute Checkbox.

So there are some issues here, but there often are, especially if bazaar and LP are new to you.

1: the Merge Request says 601068 lines (+597418/-0) 704 files modified (has conflicts) I think this is because you've proposed merging to the wrong place...   but it looks like you're trying to merge the trunk of opencompute checkbox (lp:opencompute/checkbox) into the general project (lp:opencompute).

Can you tell me a bit about how you've created this branch and merge request?  FWIW, a typical merge would go like this:

bzr branch lp:opencompute/checkbox some-descriptive-name
cd ./some-descriptive-name
Make changes to the code in ./some-descriptive-name
bzr commit -m "Short summary of changes"
bzr push lp:~YOUR_LP_NAME/checkbox/some-descriptive-name

and then access the LP page (found under code.launchpad.net/~YOUR_LP_NAME) and make a merge request setting lp:opencompute/checkbox as the target.

Either Jeff Marcom or I would certainly be glad to help or answer any questions about it.

Now, number 2:

There appear to be conflicts... not sure why yet though, it may be due to item 1... however, did you change .gitignore? (that's one of the conflicts found).

Fixing the target issue may resolve the conflicts though, so lets work on the first thing before moving to the conflicts.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~opencompute-developers/opencompute/checkbox/+merge/179213
Your team Open Compute Developers is subscribed to branch lp:opencompute/checkbox.