openerp-chinese-team team mailing list archive

Re: lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-addons-community into lp:openobject-addons/extra-trunk

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Or it could probably be used, but some only
if we find some extra filtering tool to clean the historic first. new bzr
format have the "bzr view" feature that, from what I understood can filter
historic per folder (could be very useful in general when investigating how
 module changes since say you put in prod), may bet that could be used as a
filter, I don't know. What is sure is that loosing module historic would
suck, that's too much useful to do a bzr annotate if you find some
regression at some place to find out why it has been done (provided it's
cross referenced with a bugreport) for instance.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Xavier (Open ERP) <xmo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > please notice we found the "bzr join" command that allow to merge an
> individual module into some addon/extra addon branch without loosing the
> commit historic.
>
> First, I'm not sure it applies to this case, which looks like  wrong-target
> merge proposal rather than a join case (though there's another merge
> proposal I refused earlier to which that could have applied)
>
> Second, and this is a much bigger issue, the other side of `bzr join`
> (namely `bzr split`) does *not* perform history filtering. Let's say we `bzr
> split account` out of `plugins`, what bazaar does is not create a new
> repository and import specifically account-touching revisions into it (while
> removing the directory from `addons`), it clones `addons`, removes
> everything except `account` from it (via bzr rm) and renames `/addons` to
> `/`...
>
> So that means the nice new `account` you get has all of `addons`'s history
> (including e.g. the changes performed to `sale`).
>
> `bzr join` can probably be used to import an addon created in a separate,
> independent repository, but *not* to move an addon from one repo to another
> one, since `bzr split` doesn't work.
> --
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-addons-community/+merge/15162
> Your team OpenERP Commiters is subscribed to branch
> lp:openobject-addons/extra-trunk.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-addons-community/+merge/15162
Your team OpenERP & OpenObject Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-addons-community.