openerp-chinese-team team mailing list archive

Re: lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-addons-community into lp:openobject-addons/extra-trunk

> please notice we found the "bzr join" command that allow to merge an
individual module into some addon/extra addon branch without loosing the
commit historic.

First, I'm not sure it applies to this case, which looks like  wrong-target merge proposal rather than a join case (though there's another merge proposal I refused earlier to which that could have applied)

Second, and this is a much bigger issue, the other side of `bzr join` (namely `bzr split`) does *not* perform history filtering. Let's say we `bzr split account` out of `plugins`, what bazaar does is not create a new repository and import specifically account-touching revisions into it (while removing the directory from `addons`), it clones `addons`, removes everything except `account` from it (via bzr rm) and renames `/addons` to `/`...

So that means the nice new `account` you get has all of `addons`'s history (including e.g. the changes performed to `sale`).

`bzr join` can probably be used to import an addon created in a separate, independent repository, but *not* to move an addon from one repo to another one, since `bzr split` doesn't work.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-addons-community/+merge/15162
Your team OpenERP & OpenObject Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-addons-community.

Follow ups