openerp-community-committers team mailing list archive

Re: How to deal with bugs, bugreports and projects?

<my comments>

A1: I don't see OpenERP taking responsability for these bugs.
A2: First of all and as we're all commiters/developers, we have to make a
list of non-closed annoying bugs on v5 and compromise to solve them.
A3: Anyway, Bugs by duplicate in this branch and in the official ones is a
problem... Can't be them "reassigned" to this one?

Anyway, right now what we all have clear is that we have to focus on
developping a new v5 release taking care of those bugs already non-solved by
OpenERP SA., and after that focus on bugs that would come.

So, I think right now we should follow these points:
- Make a wishlist (in a google doc, for example) with all the non-solved
bugs already known.
- Assign the development to one of us and the checkings of the fixes to
another of us.
- Once all the bugs in wishlist are solved, compile and launch our 5.0.15.1,
or/and propose the merging of the whole branch to the official one (would
OpenERP SA accept this?)

After that, we can do a monitorization until there are again new open bugs,
and repeat the process again.

</my comments>