openerp-community-committers team mailing list archive

Re: How to deal with bugs, bugreports and projects?

Regarding Q2 and Q3
I have created in launchpad a project
https://launchpad.net/community-addons
where the community-commiters
https://launchpad.net/~openerp-community-committers
are the maintainer and driver.

This project "mirrors" the master branche https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community-committers/openobject-addons/5.0 <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eopenerp-community-committers/openobject-addons/5.0>. ** This way we can assign reported bugs also to our project and handle there status separately from openerp sa.
See example in https://bugs.launchpad.net/community-addons/+bug/671172
If bugs are coming in into our project we can reassign to openerp sa too.

We can also make use of all the other options in a project.
I think my questions are answered/solved now. Please feel free to comment and help with further setup of the project place.

Regards,
Jan
Dear members,

during my first bugsolving regarding the this new community branche I did
run in some unclearnesses.
As we are branch member of project openobject-addons all bugs are created
in this project. So far so good.

Q1 - Who is first responsible for reviewing the bugreports?
A1 - In my opinion OpenERP should still take the lead. We watch and
eventually make a merge proposal for community branch if needed.

Q2 - How do we track specific bugs regarding or own branch? Our branch will
slowly differ from OpenERP's one. We can expect bugs specific to our own
branche. Does OpenERP close those bugs or will they reassign to us? Where
should the reassign go to? (see Q3 also)
A2 - ?

Q3 - How do we track important bugs not taken care by OpenERP SA because no
MC-user reports it, but community wants to solve it? Those bugs can get a
status by OpenERP SA resulting that bug is falling into background.
A3 - There should be a possibility to assign this bug to or own project
(not available yet).
For example bug 671172, status is set to wishlist in addons with milestone
to V6 by OpenERP, but I have created a merge proposal now for community
branch, but can not handle the bug status. We do need a own project so we
can link via "Also affect project" to or own project and set that status
differently as for V6

What are your thoughts?

With kind regards,
Jan Verlaan