Global monitoring of the merge proposals across all the projects

Hello OpenERP community,

As part of the new OpenERP Community Reviewer team, I have the duty, as well as all the others members of the team, to review and merge the proposals on the 45 community projects.

That's a heavy task, due to the number of projects / merge proposals, however that's incredibly valuable for everyone in the community and for the quality of the community modules. If all the elected reviewers begin to participate, the task can be alleviated, of course.

The fact is that, actually, that's really difficult to monitor the merge proposals across the 45 projects.
One way is to follow them using the Launchpad mailing subscriptions.
Another way is to use the Launchpad's "Active code reviews" page [0], but there is no page like this which would display the list for all the projects (we have to open it per project). None of these ways provides a general overview of the proposals on the 45 projects.

So it became essential for me to find a better way to work. I found the 'launchpad-nag' script [1] which was doing nearly the same thing.
I quickly hacked it in a way we can use it for our purpose.

In concrete terms, you need to take the project's branch [2] and use the command line:
  ./openerp-nag -f projects

'projects' is a file which contains the list of all the projects reviewed by the team. My main concern is that this file is not generated automatically, I did not find how I can get this list. So we have to maintain this list (or if someone know or find how to get the list of project, please share).

Hope this little script will help you to review the merge proposal as much as it helps me. And feel free to improve it of course [3].

I cross-post this email (sorry for those who will receive it twice), because its reading should be mandatory for the reviewers, but may also interest others community members. Indeed I would like to encourage everyone to participate in code reviews. If you want to reply me, please reply on the openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list.

Happy Season's Greetings!

[0] https://code.launchpad.net/banking-addons/+activereviews
[1] https://github.com/zyga/launchpad-nag
[2] lp:~openerp-community-reviewer/lp-community-utils/openerp-reviewers-nag
[3] https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community-reviewer/lp-community-utils/openerp-reviewers-nag

--
Guewen Baconnier

Business Solutions Software Developer