Re: lp:~camptocamp/multi-company/port-add-product-multi-company-7.0-jge into lp:multi-company

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your remarks ! This module bing 2 main behaviors: Having price by company (like ir.property, but faster) + historization... So difficult to chose...

For historization:

I agree with your remarks. I was wondering about changing the name of this module because of the historization concept, very useful for others needs than multi-company. The thing is here the way it's implemented. To have this historization (that work on single company), you'll also need the ir.rule on price_type to make it correct in multi-company context. As well the table price_history adds the company_id. In case you're in a single company, nothing to do, it just work out of the box but just provide historization. In a multi-company context, it adds historization + different price per company (in different currency if needed).

For allowing a product to be visible/selectable by companies:

I think IMO that this is another need. By default, you define ir.rule to share product or not between company. If a product has a company_id (with default ir.rule), he's only part of that company. If is has not, it is shared for all company. Providing a o2m to deal with that at product level seems interesting, but not required and can easily be added in another module what do you think ?

Conclusion/Suggestions:

- I suggest another module to implement the "product to be visible/selectable by companies with a one2many" and that also adapt the default ir.rule provided by OpenERP on product.product

- I suggest to rename this module: product_price_historization_by_company and re-change" the destination branch for the original one : https://launchpad.net/openerp-product-attributes.

Other opinions ?

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~camptocamp/multi-company/port-add-product-multi-company-7.0-jge/+merge/191359
Your team Multi Company Core Editors is subscribed to branch lp:multi-company.