Re: lp:~vauxoo/account-financial-report/7.0-report_webkit_afr-_data_dev-jorge into lp:account-financial-report

Review: Disapprove

Hi there !

I'm just back from holidays. First thing, I want to give here the link on the Google Docs for the webkit financial report we've made : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4GKXfLLiGNteU5OWWtKZVc1aE0/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

With that, you should be able to better understand our work here and why we're arguing so much here ;)

I see here 2 problems:

1) Vauxoo seems to need those reports they are asking here for, and we don't want to block you here

2) We already have 2 solutions here, so migrating your (Vauxoo) RML work on webkit without taking our work into account is a bit double work.. then, afterwards double work to maintain...

Honestly, we already faced all troubles by the past, that's why we invest so much in those new webkit reports. As long as yours was RML based, having 2 solutions was not that good but understandable... Now, rebuilding them all again seems not reasonable to me I'm afraid. Unless you really have something strong that justify that double work. I'm disapproving this MP mainly because:

 * No enlighten functional reasons to have 2 kinds of financial report based on webkit
 * Some errors that we have corrected in our reports seems to always be there in yours
 * Community should make efforts to merge our work rather than maintaining various solutions

Now Nhomar, I don't want to block you here, so please, if this is really a pain for you, contact me and we'll see how we can deal with that. For example, I can provide you some expertise from Frédéric to help you with our webkit reports to show you and see if they can make the work or not, and if not why => that will justify this MP by the way IMO.

Hope you'll understand my point of view.

Regards,

Joël

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~vauxoo/account-financial-report/7.0-report_webkit_afr-_data_dev-jorge/+merge/192050
Your team Account Report Core Editors is subscribed to branch lp:account-financial-report.