Re: lp:~luc-demeyer/account-financial-report/7.0-account_financial_report_webkit_xls into lp:account-financial-report

Nhomar,

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

A few comments on your remarks:

>>IMHO if I have 2 different algorithms to compute 2 different reports they become them really hard to maintain

Indeed, if the underlying webkit or rml report changes, than there is a risk that the xls report that inherits from it breaks.
This is the same with community modules inherited from editor modules and when the editor changes something (remember res.partner) than everything breaks.
For the C2C financial reports, the risk is limited since we dropped most of our own financial reports last year and migrated our customer base to the C2C reports.
In the meanwhile we have installed the XLS add-on module at most of our key customers hence we'll remark quickly when it breaks.
I also count on the OCA community to run this module and notify us when there are issues (or make merge proposals with fixes).

>>IOH, I am curious, Why is the reason you didn't simply convert the *webkit to excel?

Because the XLS presentation layer is different from the webkit presentation.
Webkit is a PDF engine -> every field is translated to text format whereas we format the XLS fields as text, number, date, ...
We also replaced the calculated fields in the webkit reports by XLS formulas.

>> THis modules depend of report_xls which is not available in any community/managed branch, can you make an MP for this module and we merge first this and after that put this reports?

Cf. https://code.launchpad.net/~luc-demeyer/server-env-tools/7.0-report_xls/+merge/192242

Regards,
Luc