Re: [Merge] lp:~initos.com/partner-contact-management/7.0 into lp:partner-contact-management

On 11/19/2013 10:31 AM, Pedro Manuel Baeza wrote:
I think we are mixing 'is_company' and 'is_customer'/is_supplier meanings.

Yes, apparently my use case is for commercial partners, and your use case is for partners marked as customer/suppliers. I must admit that my use case is probably incomplete without some additional customization, such as adding 'ref' to the fields that are copied to the non-commercial contacts (and making it readonly on these contacts). Maybe this scenario could be implemented in a separate module. I'll leave this point for now then.

One common scenario is to press on Create button from Customers list, fill data, but not check 'is_company' flag. In this scenario, partner must have a reference, but with your logic it never gets it.

What I was suggesting was that that such a partner gets a reference as long as you do not assign a parent company, as per my commercial partner use case.