Re: lp:~initos.com/partner-contact-management/7.0 into lp:partner-contact-management

On 11/19/2013 10:31 AM, Pedro Manuel Baeza wrote:
> I think we are mixing 'is_company' and 'is_customer'/is_supplier
> meanings.

Yes, apparently my use case is for commercial partners, and your use
case is for partners marked as customer/suppliers. I must admit that my
use case is probably incomplete without some additional customization,
such as adding 'ref' to the fields that are copied to the non-commercial
contacts (and making it readonly on these contacts). Maybe this scenario
could be implemented in a separate module. I'll leave this point for now
then.

> One common scenario is to press on Create button from Customers list,
> fill data, but not check 'is_company' flag. In this scenario, partner
> must have a reference, but with your logic it never gets it.

What I was suggesting was that that such a partner gets a reference as
long as you do not assign a parent company, as per my commercial partner
use case.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~initos.com/partner-contact-management/7.0/+merge/195066
Your team Partner and Contact Core Editors is subscribed to branch lp:partner-contact-management.