Re: lp:~therp-nl/ocb-addons/7.0_lp1234004_configurable_auto_confirm_mo into lp:ocb-addons

Wow,

I learnt something new, a functional field is automatically installed without requiring a module upgrade.  btw I never said there was anything evil, just that adding a new field is still adding a new field and I am not convinced the only reason for not changing a model and adding fields is based on whether a user remembers to upgrade or not, or whether it is a non stored functional field.

I am not really of the school that db schema changes are in general bad when they add to a model.  In fact that is what I meant, just that something that could be implemented much more simply as persisted, be far more performant is excluded only because it is persisted.  6 lines becoms 50.  And I most defintely was not suggesting that the field changed the db schema, just that we make this distinction between persisted fields and non persisted fields seems somewhat arbitrary given it is still a field added to the model.

However if the only reason for this policy is so people don't have to remember to upgrade modules then I suppose it makes sense so thanks for clarifying.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~therp-nl/ocb-addons/7.0_lp1234004_configurable_auto_confirm_mo/+merge/189005
Your team OpenERP Community Backports Team is subscribed to branch lp:ocb-addons.