Re: lp:~therp-nl/ocb-addons/7.0_lp1234004_configurable_auto_confirm_mo into lp:ocb-addons

Hello,

I will use this branch privately for the moment, untill I have had an opportunity to look at Raphaels adhoc module.

Just one thing in reply to Graeme: a non stored function field is NOT changing the database schema.

The reason database schema changes are to be avoided, is that when the code relies an a new field being present, but the database is not really updated, nasty things like crashes or exceptions will occur. This can happen easily when somebody pulls new revisions and then restarts the server, withouth forcing updates.

However this problem does not exist for non-stored function fields at all.

Adding non-stored function fields is often necessary to realise any kind of functionality. We should not start to believe there is anything evil about adding those fields.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~therp-nl/ocb-addons/7.0_lp1234004_configurable_auto_confirm_mo/+merge/189005
Your team OpenERP Community Backports Team is subscribed to branch lp:ocb-addons.