Re: Rent Module: Need advice

If people are rent PC's they are not stock. They are fixed assets. Seems to me that is the module that you should be working with. Stock is for products for resale and not renting, from an accounting point of view.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thibaut DIRLIK" <thibaut.dirlik@xxxxxxxxx>
To: openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 9:07:57 AM
Subject: [Openerp-community] Rent Module: Need advice

Hi everybody !

I'm working on a renting module for OpenERP 6
(https://github.com/WE2BS/openerp-rent if you want to see). It's not
working yet. I'm not familiar with stock management, and I would like to
know what's the best to handle stock movements.

Example:

- Customer call to rent 3 PC for a week (7 days).
- Salesman creates a rent order, select PC products, choose the duration
- Order is confirmed

Now, we have to do two things:
- Generate the invoice(s) (Can have more than one, for example if
invoicing monthly)
- Generate stock moves once the customer have been delivered

The invoice part, no problem. What about the stock moves? Could you told
what king of actions I have to do to do this properly ?

Thans for your help,

--
Thibaut DIRLIK