Is it possible to replace OpenERP 6 core modules with user defined ones?

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have played with OpenERP, and I have just downloaded and installed version 6 on a ubuntu virtual machine, and everything is working fine. Now, I have an old module I have created for OpenERP 5, and I would like to update it for OpenERP 6. I was looking into the logs just to know which modules are loaded by default when we create a new database. I don't know if I am right, but I have noticed that the modules that are loaded by default are those with active: True in the __openerp__.py file. Is this correct?

Is it possible to create a whole module set that replaces base and base_setup? I am just trying to understand how the whole thing works, as the manuals aren't that clear.

I hope that my questions have been clear and hope to clear all of my doubts about openobject and openerp.

Thanks in advance!

Fidel.

Follow ups