Re: Is it possible to replace OpenERP 6 core modules with user defined ones?

On 07/20/2011 10:22 PM, Fidel Viegas wrote:
> I don't know if I am right, but I have noticed that the modules that
> are loaded by default are those with active: True in the
> __openerp__.py file. Is this correct?

Yes

> Is it possible to create a whole module set that replaces base and
> base_setup? I am just trying to understand how the whole thing works, as
> the manuals aren't that clear.

You could try to turn off the 'active: True' flag in base and
base_setup, and provide you own 'base' module(s). However that's quite
unlikely to work out-of-the-box, and you'll be in uncharted territory.
The 'base' module *is* part of the OpenERP framework, even though it is
packaged as a module. 'base_setup' is entirely optional, though.