Re: Translating "Cancel" invoice

On Tuesday 08 November 2011, Viktor Nagy wrote:
> hi,
>
> I would like to find a solution to a translation problem. The problem is
> relatively simple: One option on the cancel/refund invoice wizard is to
> choose an invoice type "Cancel". Actually, there are languages where Cancel
> invoice and Cancel button can not be translated with the same string, but
> both words are present in the account addon.
>
> The obvious solution to this seems to rewrite the "Cancel" option for
> invoice to "Cancel Invoice" for example, as this string could be easily
> translated. But this would break all existing (and I guess working)
> translations. Is there an accepted way to correct bugs like this?

Well, IMHO, not at a "stable" release. Such string changes would belong to
"feature" releases, where language teams are given a window of time to adapt
their translations.

There was a thought of using the "context" feature/marker, as described in GNU
gettext, to disambiguate such cases: eg. have Cancel/@verb, Cancel@/state
Cancel/@operation , fed to translators on different entries.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!