Extra addons (Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks into lp:openerp)

I agree that apps site needs to improve.

I also think the extra-addons still have a reason to exist for modules that can be interesting to every user, but can not be accepted in the main addons. On the other hand, it really really needs a cleanup, because everyone has been dumping their modules here for years and we don't know what's general interest stuff and what's specific. That means the community should organize to ensure quality, but we're not there yet. Is anyone interested in managing the extras as a whole, including merge reviews, tagging, releases and so on?

Until then I humbly think it's better to build smaller projects around given topics (like magento integration?) and group modules that "work together". I also think it would be a good practice to attribute ownership of these projects to expert teams. For example, that's why I created a project "openerp-nomenclatures" to group localization data modules, and made the branches belong to i18n experts.

Lionel Sausin.