Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks into lp:openerp

On 02/15/2012 12:57 PM, David Bowers wrote:
> I'll see if I can improve the (depreciated) patch when I've learnt a bit
> more python, but ... this is my very first time using any of bazaar,
> launchpad, python, openobjects or openerp so I'm having quite a steep
> learning curve.

Wow, congratulations then, because you did a great job with the making and
submission of the patch! It usually takes a few tries for new contributors to
get the first merge proposal right (branch creation, target branch selection, etc.)

Do not hesitate to ask questions on the community mailing-list.

> I'm trying to do everything on Windows.

Ouch, I'm sure that quite doable, but we might be a bit lacking in terms of
tools and documentation for Windows users because most of our developers and
contributors are using the various Unix flavors. It would be great to be more
friendly to Windows users though, so do not hesitate to make suggestions.

> The only documentation I've seen so far is from doc.openerp.com which didn't
> seem to have a link to any release notes.

The documentation on doc.openerp.com is unfortunately not always up-to-date
when it comes to tools and recent developments. The procedure and guidelines
for making merge proposals are up-to-date however :-)
The 6.1 release notes have only been announced on our community channels
recently (Launchpad mailing-lists, News blog on openerp.com), so it is natural
that you might not know about them.

Welcome aboard! :-)

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks/+merge/93115
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks.