Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks into lp:openerp

Hi folks,

You'll probably say we don't communicate enough our intents... anyway, better late than never ;-)

We plan to package our addons the way the Python community is accustomed to. There are two options:

- each addons has its own namespace, e.g. openerpsale, openerp_sale. When another addons want to depend on `sale`, it can import openerpsale or import openerp_sale. This is a clean option.

- a somewhat less clean option because it relies on some extra work (e.g. pkgutil) (and is probably quite debatable), is to use a shared namespace. We've decided to use that one, partly because it provides a smoother transition path (we have to be backward compatible for some time). More specificaly, we want to use the openerp.addons namespace. Addons can still be packaged separately but will be imported as, say, import openerp.addons.sale.

If you're curious, you can see e.g. the commit http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-server/trunk/revision/3969

Cheers,
Thu

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks/+merge/93115
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks.