Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks into lp:openerp

> Hi folks,
>
> You'll probably say we don't communicate enough our intents... anyway, better
> late than never ;-)
>
> We plan to package our addons the way the Python community is accustomed to.

Hi Thu,

is it possibile to know what this way is?

"python community" expects a set of egg, possibly on pypi.
Considering that OpenERP SA often tries to reinvent the wheel (custom continuous integration system, custom web framework, custom this and custom that when we have plenty of good apps out there) it would be nice to know your plans.
In case you are deciding for a non-standard way, we need to know that in advance so we can start to package "our own" openerp, cause we need an easy way to deploy it and we cannot wait any longer.

We are the people who customise and install openerp and who sell openerp sa services, so your decisions must be taken according to our needs. this is my personal opinion of course.

Saying <<hello people, we are doing something don't worry>> without saying what, where and why, is equal to "we don't communicate enough".

I know that this is not your fault, i guess you're not authorized to speak about internal plans but...we are losing important contributors because of how openerp behaves.

We're not asking for a community-driven project, we just need you to listen to us a bit more and keep in mind our needs when you take decisions.

Cheers
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks/+merge/93115
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openerp/skitzotek_trunk_symlinks.