Re: OpenERP Community, Customers and Partners Summit 2012

Le 22/02/2012 16:12, Raphael Valyi a écrit :
(...)
the money and effort is already spent doing something sub-optimal.
That's more or less off-topic, but I'll add that's not only OpenERP SA's money. Partners and a few independent users like Numérigraphe also spend money on real R&D (ad hock solutions and quick hacks not included). Please let me emphasize that directly or indirectly all the money comes from the users' pockets. From a user's point of view, being able to back community R&D means sharing maintenance costs with others on effective issues, thus lowering the Total Cost of Ownership.
For OpenERP that means keeping and gaining users in the long run.
I think this comes a lot from a lack of communication from OpenERP SA.
Well, we all need to improve there : OpenERP SA, partners and users.
One way would be to let expert groups plan their own work agenda during the community days. Would that be doable?

Lionel Sausin.