Re: lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-bug-923440-base_contact_finalise6.1 into lp:openobject-addons/6.1

Hi Etienne,
On 06/03/12 09:34, Etienne Hirt wrote:
> Dear Stuart,
>
> Thanks a lot for fixing the branch. Please remove the
> security/base_contact_security.xml. This is a leftover of 6.0.x and
> added by mistake. The .po came in from updates from the branch but you
> did well to ommit them.

Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly what was happening, but I noted a number of
them had merge conflicts committed there, which definitely wasn't right.
 I figured they came along by mistake along with
base_contact_security.xml. :-)

> I had a quick look at crm_lead.py and saw that
> _lead_create_partner_address would have to be overwritten to fix the
> break. However, we are not using this functionality and I guess this fix
> is to be added into a separate module for correct dependency of modules.
> Have you seen other breaks in the CRM?

Well, where I noticed it was as I say, creating a lead, then trying to
turn it into an opportunity.  I found this late yesterday afternoon, and
so now this morning's task is to open up this can of worms and figure
out how to fix it.

I suspect you're right; and the fix would be most likely more
appropriate in crm_base_contact.  Leave "crm" intended as-is so it works
with OpenERP sans base_contact, but then fix crm_base_contact so that
crm works with base_contact.  I have a branch of crm_base_contact here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~vrt-openerp/domsense-agilebg-addons/6.1-addons

Exactly how to do this is going to be the interesting bit, I'm quite new
to OpenERP and this 6.0-6.1 migration project so far has been somewhat
of a baptism of fire. :-)

Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)      .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :
http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter             :.'

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.

https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-bug-923440-base_contact_finalise6.1/+merge/95777
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/trunk-bug-923440-base_contact_finalise6.1.