Re: OpenERP: Hardware sizing for OpenERP

On 06/01/12 16:20, Olivier Dony wrote:
OpenERP 6.1 introduces several important changes[5] to make the server
truly stateless and WSGI compliant, so that a really scalable deployment
architectures is easier to achieve (including harnessing all CPU cores
for OpenERP!)
We don't have any recommended settings yet, but you can find a sample
"gunicorn.conf.py" configuration file [6] in the server to get started.
All feedback on deployment experience with gunicorn, mod_wsgi or others
would be most welcome, and I'll be glad to summarize that in our
installation documentation for 6.1.

I welcome the changes that have been made to make OpenERP WSGI compliant and truly stateless. However, if anyone is planning to to deploy 6.1 using gunicorn with multiple workers they should be aware of some important bugs: * Bug #954907: changing company when running with multiple workers in a multi-company environment does not work correctly. Some of the workers will give you data from the wrong company. * Bug #944273: the scheduler does not work due to the multiple processes involved. A fix for this is in progress. * openid/SSO: if you use the auth_openid module, then you'll need to use a filestore. There is a TODO in the code that mentions that this is planned. I think that one of my team has a merge proposal for this on her TODO list.

To be fair, I think that the release notes say the OpenERP 6.1 is now *mostly* stateless... which is true!

James