Re: A need of expert validated modules

Does seem to be a "chicken or the egg" situation.  You
need customers/funding to build a proper manufacturing module, but you
won't get manufacturing customers without a proper manufacturing module.

Our company walked away from OpenERP for our main ERP since we are a large
manufacturing company.  We won't bet our company on OpenERP 'maybe' pulling
off a manufacturing module if we funded it.  Then there is of course the
risk of being first on an new(/untested) module.  Adempiere on the other
hand has a very comprehensive manufacturing module and seeing that it is
open source, you could maybe learn something from how they approached it.
 Looking at Adempiere it does seem like there is one expert in the group
that contributes most if not all of the manufacturing code at his own pace.
 Contributions does speed it up of course.  But it does seem that he is
very committed to building a world class manufacturing system.

My 2c worth.  OpenERP needs a proper manufacturing module (MRP/MRP2).  I
personally think this is more an OpenERP S.A problem since it relates to
core functionality.  Somebody will need to do the initial big contribution.

Kind Regards,
Pieter