"you have to provide an account for the write-off entry" (solved) - was it a bug or me?

Hi all,

I was having a problem reconciling items in one account, but in different
journals with different currencies. I was in view Accounting -> Journal
Entries -> Journal Items looking at unreconciled items for a particular
account that spanned multiple journals and multiple currencies, which is
where a very small (0.003) rounding error had crept in.

When attempting to reconcile, I would get the message "you have to provide
an account for the write-off entry" - but no option to enter an account.

I manually added an amount to correct the rounding error, and expensed it
against ForEx Write-offs but I still got the error.

I stumbled across this bug:
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/6.0-opw-16328-ado/+merge/70002

which said "[problem occurs]...If you have set the secondary currency in
journal's "default debit account" or "default credit account".

He actually appeared to be talking about a different problem "warning while
generating the opening entries,"

However, *once I removed the secondary currency from the journal's default
accounts then the error message stopped.
*
I'm new to openerp-dev, so was wondering what the best way to document this
is. I'm not sure how often someone would want to do what I'm doing. I'm not
sure if I just had a bad setup or if this is a bug.

Sincerely,

Sarah Bird