OpenERP Client for Manufacturing Data Collection Tochscreen Terminals?

Hello Community!

For registering Work Orders (select manually or by barcode, start, done, perhaps some notes) we would like to use Touchscreen Terminals.

We have 3 possible Solutions and would like to ask you about your opinions:

1. OpenERP GTK Client
    - Buttons are limited to one "row's" height, not nice for Touchscreens.
    Is there any workaround, or perhaps, has someone already made modifications to the Client for such a purpose?

2. OpenERP Web Client module (an Addon like the 6.1's POS module)
    + Design Possibilities
     Is it "Solid" enough for this kind of use?

3. Create a new simple Application, optimized for Touchscreens, which communicates over XML-RPC
    + Design Possibilities

with kind regards,
conexus
Petersen & Petersen