Re: OpenERP Client for Manufacturing Data Collection Tochscreen Terminals?

Hello conexus,

I think you should go for #3. It's quite simple to knit something like that together and you'll be able to answer requests like 'my phone can scan concert tickets, why can't I do that scanning work orders thingy with my phone?' more easily than if you're within the bounds of one of the clients. Just make sure that your application is not tied to the platform of your touchscreens.

Regards,
Holger Brunn

PS: To my understanding, people like real names on this list

Hello Community!

For registering Work Orders (select manually or by barcode, start, done,
perhaps some notes) we would like to use Touchscreen Terminals.

We have 3 possible Solutions and would like to ask you about your opinions:

1. OpenERP GTK Client
    - Buttons are limited to one "row's" height, not nice for Touchscreens.
    Is there any workaround, or perhaps, has someone already made
modifications to the Client for such a purpose?

2. OpenERP Web Client module (an Addon like the 6.1's POS module)
    + Design Possibilities
     Is it "Solid" enough for this kind of use?

3. Create a new simple Application, optimized for Touchscreens, which
communicates over XML-RPC + Design Possibilities

with kind regards,
conexus
Petersen & Petersen
--