Re: uninstalling base_contact

IMHO this new aproach is not making things easier but its erasing very
valuable functionality. The first structure customer/address/job/contacts
was able to support any kind of structure, even if it was simple or very
complex. In version 6.1 is still possible defining this complex structures
but loosed usability since we have got a new object "location" including
again address fields and duplicating information. That is.. now we have got
customer/address including many2one to location and many2one to contacts.
Adress now is "similar" to job before. Not exactly the same.

In 7.0 I don't even see this option of creating several addresses with
contact functions on those addresses.

On the other side, IMHO (again) invoicing to a contact is not legally
allowed at less in Spain. Normally we have got several contacts in a
company but the legal fiscal entity, with fiscal information (like VAT or
others) that we invoice to is only one. The company.
Conceptually a contact is different from a customer so for me it's totally
right that they are 2 different structures with 2 different menu entries.

I'm afraid I don't like at all the changes that we are having with the
simplification of the system on basic things that were working perfectly
before. Simplifying usability is not loosing functionality so If it was
possible I would ask mantaining base_contact as it has been always, giving
people possibility of installing it or not depending on their needs. If
someone uses OpenERP b2c, could be ok  but for b2b, would be strongly
needed having a complex structure compatible with older versions.

Thank you very much:

Ana