Von: Sven Petersen
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012 15:16
An: 'Olivier Dony'
Betreff: AW: [Openerp-community] 6.1 EDI with Multicompany - Import into an existing OpenERP instance?

Hello,

thank you for clarification!

with kind regards,
Sven Petersen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Olivier Dony [mailto:odo@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012 15:14
An: Sven Petersen
Cc: openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 05/30/2012 01:19 PM, Sven Petersen wrote:
> does anyone know if the "Import into an existing OpenERP instance" EDI
> Feature for Invoices should work within a Multi Company Environment?

No it will not work at the moment, the system will consider that the document already exists and ignore it, as you've noticed. This might be supported in the future, but for the moment you will need real separate databases.

Technically, it will require more than just caring for an extra company_id field, because the whole system for identifying documents cross-database is relying on the uniqueness of the EDI ID everywhere. In a single multi-company DB we cannot make a unique ID refer to 2 different records: one source (e.g.
Sale Order) and one destination (Purchase Order).