Re: proposal to discuss forking of OpenERP GTK client

2012/10/11 P. Christeas <xrg@xxxxxxxx>

> Well, having *done* that already, I can warn you it's not about maintaining
> the GTK codebase only.
>
> You see, a major problem of the native clients (up to v6.0) has been the
> RPC
> protocol.
> If OpenERP SA. keeps removing functionality and breaking compatibility of
> the
> RPC, your GTK client will be "handicaped" sooner or later.

Perhaps we should take a good look at switching over from XML-RPC to
JSON-RPC and updating the call methods to more closely match
the behavior of the web client (such as on_change propagation etc).
I don't see much problems in switching over between these two since python
has all those "batteries" included.

--
Niels Huylebroeck
Lead Architect   --   Agaplan