Re: proposal to discuss forking of OpenERP GTK client

On Thursday 11 October 2012, Normunds Vilcans wrote:
> As it seems, that OpenERP S.A. abandoned a development of GTK client,
> but lot of users still want it, I  propose to make Community Edition on
> launchpad and prepare it for ver.7.0 in a couple of months.

Well, having *done* that already, I can warn you it's not about maintaining
the GTK codebase only.

You see, a major problem of the native clients (up to v6.0) has been the RPC
protocol.
If OpenERP SA. keeps removing functionality and breaking compatibility of the
RPC, your GTK client will be "handicaped" sooner or later.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!