Re: Analysing deeply WebClient 7.0 WAS::::: proposal to discuss forking of OpenERP GTK client

Hello,

You are right; docs and courses are very important.

Currently we have to focus on stabilizing the web client and releasing
the v7.0. It's our first priority. But we will work on more technical
docs after.

We already planned a series of training for upgrade to v7.0. The
planning will be announced soon.

> Trunk is great and has so many good features named by Fabien before, but
> OpenERP SA needs to accept: OpenERP framework is so baad documented.

Yes, we know this.

> At this time i dont know how migration works, we got a customer with 4GB
> PG DB, upload this ? i dont think so.

You can contact the migration team. For very big DB, they can do the
work in SSH.

> About functionalities, IMO that is basic to replace GTK but in this
> moment there is more problems,
>
> what about version and dependencies management for modules ?, we can
> freeze an installation for localizations ?
> what about testing ? we can test JS ?

We integrated automated tests in the debug mode. (?debug in the url). We
still have to launch these tests automatically through the runbot, but
you can already launch them manually.

> Start to test and report is the only thing what we must do and wait for
> OpenERP SA efforts to launch 7.0.

Yes, the more we have feedback, the better the v7.0 and the UI will be.
It's also the right time to translate trunk.

--
Fabien Pinckaers
CEO OpenERP